July 21, 2008

L is for...Longitudinally Challenged

Does anyone else think that it is super awkward when someone that you don't even know by name, tries to "tease" you?? I'm short...I realize that. And I am not at all, sensitive about it. Haven't been since...I don't know...second grade or so. I have heard every short-joke in the world, and am usually pretty quick to "zing" back, in a hilarious sort of way. Heck, half the time, I am telling short-jokes on myself. But yesterday at work, this paramedic (that I swear I have never seen before) yells across the ER, "Hey Amy, did you shrink a few inches since the last time I saw you??" I wasn't offended. Just totally annoyed. At least introduce yourself to me first, so I will feel comfortable making fun of your momma, in response!! I just kind of gave a quick courtesy-laugh, and went on my way. Totally took the fun out of it! Does this sort of thing annoy anyone else??

3 comments:

crys said...

yes.
next time just kick him in the shins.

Shelby said...

what? you, short? I love ya home skillet :)

Team Figarola said...

what is it with ambulance drivers?!